Private, Affordable, Waterfront
Be Surrounded by Nature (Not Neighbors)
Overlook is a traditional, rustic summertime cottage offering:
- Over 50′ of beachfront with private dock
- Abundant natural beauty
- In the heart of the Finger Lakes Wine Trails
- Close to wineries, craft breweries, and eateries
- Charm, coziness, cleanliness, and the perfect place to de-stress
Cottage Layout & Features
Screened-in Porch Perfect for Relaxing
Rain or shine, this will be your favorite place to hang out. The sectional sofa is just right for napping and relaxing; a large table and plenty of chairs are the perfect space for dining, playing cards or games, or – if you must – working on your computer (you’ll be amazed at how productive you’ll be!)
Warm and Inviting Living Spaces
Ready to relax? Stream a movie on the Roku TV or play a movie from our video library, or go “no-tech” and read one of our book offerings or play a game or puzzle. Ready to cook? The fully appointed kitchen offers a generous array of appliances, utensils, dinnerware, and cookware for use during your stay. Ready to rest? Two small bedrooms with double beds and a simple but updated bathroom round out the cottage.
Perfect for Family or Romantic Getaways
Kids, Nature Lovers, and Couples Love Overlook!
- Our typical renters are couples or families with a child
- Children love the wooded outdoors and lake (so many rocks to skip!)
- Location of cottage ensures that young children get to the water only when you want them to
- Just some of the wildlife you may see: bald eagles, great blue herons, red-tailed hawks, owls, ospreys, turkeys, deer, otters, newts, salamanders, and more
Outdoor Amenities – Including Kayaks!
What You’ll Find Outside:
- Over 50′ of private beachfront
- Single and/or tandem kayaks (PDF’s provided; liability waiver must be signed)
- Campfire rings with firewood – one on beach, one outside cottage
- Private dock
- Weber Grill
- Picnic table
- Steps to beach
- Secure parking at cottage level
- Secure parking for boat trailer
Situated in the Heart of the Finger Lakes, Close To:
- Wineries, wineries, and…did we already say, wineries?
- Established craft breweries
- Award-winning restaurants
- Shopping at The Windmill, in the heart of the Yates County’s Amish and Mennonite community
- Watkins Glen, Ithaca, Geneva, and Corning and all they have to offer
Overlook is Owner-Managed
We’re Close When You Need Us To Be…
- Longtime residents who are happy to assist
- Please contact us for open dates and more information by emailing us or filling out our Reservation Request form.